To order these brochures please call 301-978-7108.
Benefit from Marriage
While most couples sense that
marriage would be a good thing for their child, they often don't
know how to effectively prepare for a lasting relationship and
insure that their marriage will last. This brochure provides
tips to strengthen the relationship of unwed parents so that
they might consider building a healthy marriage for themselves
and their child. Marriage Savers proven answers include:
- Taking a questionnaire to better understand your
- Benefit from a social worker or a trained mentor couple
to help your relationship
- Learn and practice skills to build and sustain a healthy
Wealth, Longer Life and Better SEX!
Living together seems
like a good way to test the relationship, but studies show that
nearly half break up. Those who marry after cohabiting are 50%
more likely to divorce than those who never lived together.
Marriage Savers has a better way to test the relationship. Take
a questionnaire and discuss your relationship with a mentor
couple. Learn practical skills to improve communication and
problem solving. Of 288 couples who met with mentors in one
church from 1992-2000, 53 decided not to marry. However, there
were only seven divorces of those who did.
That's a 3% failure rate over a decade or a 97% success
rate. That's marriage insurance!
A Seminar for couples once in marital
crisis to learn how to help other couples restore their
relationships. Similar to the "step" plan of AA, Restoration
Marriage Ministry gives couples in marital distress hope and a
plan to heal their marriages, using the 17 Marriage Ministry
Action Statements as a spiritual outline.
Marriage Savers, founded by Mike and
Harriet McManus, has helped churches almost eliminate divorce
and reduce divorce rates across entire metro areas by up to 63%.
Marriage Savers provides:
- HELP to organize Community Marriage Policies
- TRAINING for Mentors to create Marriage Savers
- MATERIALS to enable leaders, lay couples and
clergy to launch Marriage-Saving ministries.
Sign A Community Marriage Policy?
every divorce is the destruction of a small civilization.
- The marriage rate has plunged 50% since 1970;
- Half of all new marriages end in divorce;
- Divorces have tripled in recent years;
Impact: The institution of marriage is disintegrating.
Answer: Create a Community Marriage Policy where:
- Clergy across denominational lines in a local community
join together to sign a public covenant to make healthy
marriages a high priority.
- Recruit couples in solid marriages to be trained as
- Train clergy and mentor couples